Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Memories






These past couple of weeks have been long weeks. Two of my great-grandmothers passed away this last week. My mothers grandmother passed away on Monday August 20, 2007 and my dad's grandmother passed away on Thursday August 23, 2007. The picture with my sisters, mom, and carly is with my great-grandma who lived in Missouri. We went and visited her last August and I am glad I have a fresh memory of her. I was able to see my great-grandmother Delphine on Sunday and she is pictured with Cole and Carly. We had a barbeque for her since she wasn't feeling well. Her funeral was yesterday and it was extremely emotional. I grew up on the ranch that she and my great-grandfather worked very hard to keep in our family. Today we run our cattle there as well. Death isn't something I look forward to I dread the thoughts and emotions it brings forth but I know that both of my grandmothers loved Jesus wholeheartedly and are in heaven. I love and miss you.

4 comments:

Somjam said...

Danielle,

I am sorry to hear about your grandmothers. If there is anything I can do please let me know. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sommer

Kasey said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a hard week for your family. I'm so glad you were able to visit your great grandmother in Missouri recently so you have that fresh memory of her.

Lindsey said...

What a sad month for you guys. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmothers, but also glad you had a chance to see them before they passed away.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Danielle, I know the feeling too well. At least you can find comfort in the fact that they are with the Lord.