Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hi Everyone!
I am currently in my last credential class!!!! It is Saturday and beautiful outside but I am here in a room, that will eventually end. Enough of that! The pictures below are from our Memorial Weekend. We branded and marked (cut off the balls) of our new calves. We had a lot of help from our family, and close friends. Thank you! Cole and Carly were both in the corral with about 20 calves and they were each trying to rope them. It was precious.

I know that I told everyone that I would be taking the year off next year but some things have changed. I have accepted a position teaching Upward Bound at College of the Redwoods this summer. It is only a four week program and the class is only one hour a day. I submitted a course proposal for a course titled "Hollywood and History." This course is where students learn how to analyze and view film critically. Why are films made, how violent films are, AND HOW WE ARE MANIPULATED as viewers. It is a great class! The films we're watching are Amistad, Kite Runner, and Charlie Wilson's War. If you can't tell I am on a Middle Eastern Kick. I won't tell you more....

Cole and Carly are doing well and today they are in the Azalea parade with Aunt Sis. Wish I could be there! Last day of school is Friday! Have a wonderful week, make sure to take time for yourself! I defiantly will thinking about it:)

No comments: