Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer in a Nutshell....

Things that we've accomplished 3 months.

1. Finished my bender board project (rock landscaping)

2. Read a bunch of books, some teaching theory books and plenty of pleasure novels.

3. Watch the complete series of Lipstick Jungle, Sex in the City, The McLeod's Daugthers, and Mad Men, and a load of misc films.

4. Taken the kids to the waterslides. We bought season passes and we defiantly got our money worths.

5. Helped put on my sister, Rachelle's wedding.

6. Vickie and I took the kids to Visit Sudi and Michael at their home in Oakhurst, California which is near Yosemite National Park. We had a lot of fun, even on our 9 hour car ride. Bass Lake is 5 minutes from their home and we went out on a Patio Boat one day and we had a great time.

7. Cole and Carly have become very comfortable in the water with swimmies and lifejackets on.

8. Travis is slaving away at work all week and saving up for his BIG hunt in November.

9. Booked our airline tickets, and planned our trip for Thanksgiving week. Travis, his Dad, Mom, and two of his uncles are going on an Elk, and Deer/Mule Deer hunt over the week of Thanksgiving so the kids and I are going to fly to my grandma Mickey's home in Sandpointe Idaho! The kids are very excited because their is so much wildlife right in her yard. I am more excited for Travis to go with his parents on their hunt because this is a trip of a lifetime. They have all dreamed about going on a private guided hunt and we are finally in a position to do so. When Travis and I got married we decided that everyother year we would try to go on a vacation together and then the next year we would try and have him go hunting in a place that he really wanted to go. So far so good..

10. That brings me to my next thought...Our next vacation. The last two times that we have went on vacation together we have went to Mexico. I really want to take a trip with the kids.... We take short trips within the continental U.S. with them but I grew up traveling around the globe and it is a priority to have my children experience different cultures as well. I know that I want to go to a place that is centered on families. Meaning rooms that are kid friendly, activities, and etc. I am thinking possibly Canada, Alaska, but I am not set on anything yet, but I have begun researching. My children and Travis love Wildlife so we'll see what I can find.

11. Over labor day we are taking the kids to Six Flags for the weekend with my mom, vickie, janelle, and connor.

12. I forgot to mention that I taught a summer course, Hollywood and History at College of the Redwoods this year. I am also working between 20 and 30 hours a week in the office, McCullough Const.

The past couple weeks have been very rewarding. I have the opportunity to go and spend quality time with Cole and Carly and my family that I love. I haven't been sidetracked with preparing for school to start! I AM FINISHED! I haven't applied for any teaching positions because I am taking a year off to regroup and I am busy enough managing the office. I have realized that many people in my extended family and in the community keep bugging me with asking "filler" questions such as "what are you doing Danielle?" I want to say " I just lay on the couch, eat ice cream and gossip about people." YEAH RIGHT! Instead, I give them a polite rant about how I manage my families construction company, take care of the kids, wife, and I am taking a year before Cole goes to Kindergarten to refocus. Why can't people find better things to talk about....

I am also realizing that people who aren't busy enough or are really negative are not people I want to be around...but that is a different post.

My plans for this year include parenting, working, spending time with Travis, traveling, writing, and being happy!!!

Love you all. Danielle

2 comments:

Janelle said...

WOW, that must have taken forever to write:)) I wish you were coming to Willow creek tomorrow!!

Lindsey said...

sounds like life is great for you guys. love seeing pics of the kids. so cute.