Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Getting closer to be sane again......

Hello Everyone, I have been overwhelmed with finals at school and preparing for the Holiday season. Tonight, I have my last final at 5:00. It is only a 5 minute presentation and is pretty easy. Last week I couldn't focus on anything except papers, study groups, and sccchhoolll. I need these next few weeks to be as low key as possible. I will probably gain 10 pounds because all I want to do is make cookies with Cole and Carly in our pajamas, eat fried potatoes, make cinnamon rolls, and drink milkshakes from McDonalds. HA!

I was feeling overwhelmed with Christmas this year, because it took me longer to get my cards out, and I don't have all my shopping done. I plan on finishing this week and I will only have a couple more things to wrap. I can' t wait for Christmas Eve. I will tell everyone what our Christmas schedule is like...like any of you care, I know.HA!
Christmas Eve we will go to my parents' house and have prime rib and all the trimmings. We exchange gifts with my parent's and my sisters. Travis's parents, sister, and grandparents also come to Christmas Eve, and it is a lot of fun. I love having my in-laws come as well because it seems like a really intimate Christmas. Christmas Morning we have the kids open their presents and Travis and I exchange gifts. We then head to 10:00 brunch in Salyer with my family. We always have delicious food and get to visit until we head back to McKinleyville. Between 2:00 and 5:00 we exchange gifts with Travis's parents' and his sister. It is mellow, and then the Carmesin clan shows up around 5:00. I don't envision naps for the kids besides the car ride from Salyer to Mckinleyville, but it's Christmas and we are on Jesus's time not Danielle's time!!!! Anyone that knows me, knows that I am like a little kid on Christmas. I can't wait to get up and watch the kids open their presents and I know this is clique but I love giving. I love picking out that one gift that makes someone happy. I am glad I married someone who know matter what the holiday he always walks around saying "happy week before Christmas" We are a pair.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations Danielle. Aren't you done this semester? If not it is still a big achievement to be down one more semester. I miss going to school but don't miss the stress of studying for tests! Jody just finished yesterday and I think he is still in shock.

I am the same way about Christmas. It is so magical and exciting. I hate it when it's over because there is nothing to look forward to. Having kids makes it all so exciting again. We are having the same dinner on Christmas Eve!

Community Vision said...

Hi Kelly, Congratulations on being a mother again. I am not sure if we are having anymore. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.