Monday, October 20, 2008

Mommy Weekend

This past weekend Travis took Cole and Carly hunting in Trinity Center. They went with some family and stayed at a family friends cabin for two nights. I decided to stay home and have some time to myself. On Saturday my mom and I went to Personal Choice for a Spa day. I had a facial, massage, and hydotherapy tub.... It was amazing. We went and had lunch afterward at Mazzoti's, which is the worst Italian restaurant ever, but the only thing open right before dinner time. Their food is very blah, and doesn't have any invigorating Italian flavor. I often think that I should be a Spa Critic. I have been to Spas in Healdsburg, Calistoga, Napa, St.Helena, Eureka, Fortuna, Redding, Mexico, and other various places. I know what I like and Personal choice is lacking some spa essentials such as a relaxation room, lockers where you change into robes, slippers, drink lemon water, tea, showers, and so on. Anyway I don't mean to be a Spa snob but maybe I am...

After I came home and watered my plants, fed our dog, and read for a little bit, I took a shower, got dressed, and was ready for an evening with a few of my favorite people. My sisters, Lyndsey, and I went to dinner at the Sea Grill and had a very good time. We visited, laughed, and had some delicous cocktails. We were all stuffed as we headed off to watch Body of Lies/Movie. It was GREAT. I love politics, history, and hot actors and this film had it all. It would also be a great film to use in my future film classes. A must have. Rachelle and Clay ended up spending the night with me.

Sunday, I slept in, drank coffee, internet shopped, cleaned my office, went to church, lunch, and worked in the office. I am only going to be at work on Monday and Tuesday so I have a lot to take care before Travis's Surgery on Thursday. After work I did my grocery shopping, went home, relaxed, read, and went to bed early.

Today I have to work, pack the kids clothes, run errands, and so on. On another note I am working on a post that is going to address gossip, and the issue that comes up all the time is people who are always talking about others and jealousy....(just an irritating observation). On Sunday our pastor said that the second most important thing that Jesus said was to love your neighbor as yourself and I am really trying to take that to heart....hum? neighbors, people, how do I show, act, live like I care about others as much as I care about myself? The hardest part is doing those things when there are those who I feel don't deserve it, don't love themselves, have diarrhea of the mouth, are jealous, and so on. WELL IT ISN'T MY JOB TO JUDGE....... I guess that is where prayer comes into play... Keep my family in your prayers this week as Travis has surgery on Thursday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your having the same gossip problem Im having. You deal with it better than I do. I cant stand confrontation. It drives me nutts. Have a better day.