Friday, October 31, 2008

Progress

Travis is making great progress. He isn't limping noticeably and seems to be feeling much better. I hate peppering him with questions so I just observe him to make sure he's feeling okay. He does come in the house and lay down which is a sign that he isn't 100% but that is to be expected. Overall, he has had a great recovery since being at home. Cole has an Yamaha 80 four-wheeler and he uses a lot. I love that he has it and can start it by himself because he is always willing to run errands for me to Vickie's house. He had a basket on it but this week him and his dad built a box for the back of it. It's the right size for Carly to ride on the back and for him to haul things such as generators:)(I just saw him take one over to Vickie's house why I mentioned it.) Carly has a battery powered four-wheeler but those things are just not the same. She has been driving Cole's around a lot more and I am getting more comfortable with her on it. She also rode her cousin Clint's 50 motorcycle that has training wheels and she loved that. I think she is ready for her own set of wheels.... I would rather get her a 50 four-wheeler because I think it would be more practical for our family but she did love the motorcycle. We'll see what Santa can bring in his big red bag. Since Christmas is coming and I love to buy gifts I can't wait. I am worse then the kids.

It always amazes me at how many people don't believe in Christ or think that those who go to church are hypocrites but at the same time celebrate Christmas, Easter, and many other religious holidays, who's the hypocrite? I think that society has secularized so many holidays that they feel like it's okay to not celebrate Jesus but one time of year. I respect those that don't participate in Christmas because if you have a bad attitude don't bring everyone else into your drama... If your asking yourself "is that me?" Maybe it is :)

Christmas Ideas for the kids:

Cole and Carly
New Playset
New Playhouse/fort
New Cowboy boots, muck boots(rain boots)
College fund contributions with American Funds
Coloring Books
Motorcycle or four-wheeler for Carly. Cole got one for his birthday and I believe in equality.
Some type of animal :0 For grandma to take care of..Love ya Vickie

This is just some thoughts I am having. No they won't get everything on this list but I am just brainstorming. I am not one of those people who don't know what to buy. I am also not going to buy them a bunch of toys, videos, pajamas, and misc. knick knacks. They get so much of that stuff all year. They are also not that into it. No clothes except boots and maybe some camo stuff but who knows and who really cares. Back to reason for the season is it all about gifts? What gift are we as a family going to give to Jesus? Can we afford time? Here I am blogging out loud again. Till Next time.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am glad your hubby is feeling better.

I am all about buying a few quality things for my kids for christmas. I am not into buying a bunch of toys and knickknacks either. They usually just end up as clutter!

Anonymous said...

Christmas is going to be great. Can't wait.