Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Camping








Well, The kids and I had a great week last week. I will give everyone a break down of exactly what we did on our Mom's trip. Tuesday morning 8/15 Vickie (Mother-in-law) and I loaded our fifth-wheel hitch in our pick up hooked our trailers up, and took off for Lake Siskiyou!
Cole rode with Grandma, and Carly rode with Mom. This was my first experience towing our trailer and it was fine. I was nervous at first, but I got over it soon. It takes about 4 hours to get to Lake Siskiyou which is in Mt. Shasta City. Aunt Rita, Jamie, Branson, Annie, Riley, and Clint were already up there and we were looking forward to seeing them.
We made it to Lake Siskiyou in the afternoon, tired, and hot. We got camp all set up, which isn't hard with my home on wheels, and began to unwind. The Campground was really nice. Lake Siskiyou is very small and you can only go 10mph. It isn't the type of lake you bring your ski boat to, but they have an outrageous beach.
With a 1 and 2 year old the beach is the safest and easiest place to be. The older kids could rent paddle boats, and hang out.
Thursday 8/17 we packed up our camp and headed back to Redding. We arrived to our RV park around 11:00 and were at the waterslides by noon. We stayed at a place across from the slides, and the kids and I had a blast. The kiddy section was perrific for my cautious son, and my daredevil daughter. The Grandmas took the kids to the trailers to nap, but they just kicked back and watched a movie. I went to get them for round 2 of the slides and they were ready to go. I forgot how much fun visiting, eating snowcones, nachos, and relaxing could be. It was a perfect way to end my summer because school started yesterday! I hope to live through this semester, and possibly see the light next semester, we'll see! I hope everyone is having fun on their vacations.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Danielle, I forgot about your blog! I just got all caught up again. That sounds like a fun trip. I want to take my kids to the water slides next summer. Hope school goes well this semester!