Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Update

Hello, Everyone just an update on what the Carmesins' have been doing lately.... I had my first interview with the social science committee on Saturday. It went well, and was a lot easier than I expected. They asked each canidate 5 generic questions and then 1 specific question to the lesson plan that I had created. The questions weren't hard and I felt that they represented who I wanted to be as a teacher. On Sunday, we went to church, lunch, and then while the kids were napping Travis and I worked on getting our travel trailer all situated for next week. We are taking the kids to Shasta Lake to go bass fishing. I LOVE IT!! I love fish tacos (Yes, they are good, not fishy...) We go every year around this time and Cole is extremely excited to go. I have spring break so it will be nice to get away. Sunday afternoon we took Cole and Carly and our dog, Tippy, to the beach. It was a nice day for Mckinleyville and the kids had a blast. Since we are going to be gone next week I am having to work a lot to make sure the office is taken care and trying to get a firm grasp on my homework before the break. I need to dedicate what time I spend doing anything related to school on studying for my CSET tests that I take March 17th.... Anyway, I have midterms this week and then .....Graduation.

Oh yeah, Cole is starting preschool March 19th!!!! He is going to go to Dows Prairie Children's center. I have met the teacher several times and feel great about it. We went yesterday to pick up some paperwork and Cole was shy but warmed up really quick and then didn't want to leave. He is going to go two days a week in the mornings. I think it is going to be great for him to go somewhere that he isn't related to everyone and has a lot of interaction. He told me when we were leaving that "Mom, there isn't a lot of kids at my school." I said no there isn't, compared to the 25 2-3year olds in the church nursery! I think he warmed up quickly because there wasn't a load of kids. It was 8:30 and there was about 6. Wish us luck on our vacation and i'll post some cute pics when we get back

No comments: