Sunday, September 17, 2006

Climbers

Cole was 18 mos when one day he miraculous walked out of his room, when I had laid him down in his crib. I put him back in the crib and watched him on my video monitor, shimmy down the front of the crib. My battle began..... I finally resorted to a toddler bed within the next couple months of his unsafe landings. The toddler bed transistion was hard because he wasn't mature enough to handle his new found freedom. I looked up what other parents were doing on babycenter, and everyone was talking about a "crib tent." It wasn't much use to me, since I had already dismantled the crib. I swore with my second child I would use one of those crib thingys vs. a toddler bed too early. Carly has taken longer to do things than Cole up until last week. She is only 16 mos and she began crawling out of her crib!!!! I know, whyyyyyyyyyy.... I had already purchased the infamous crib tent, so I said "I don't think so" The moral of this story is that the crib tent is incredible, and I won't have to put Carly into a toddler bed, until she can handle the freedom.

Travis and Cole went hunting this last weekend. I had CSET testing on Saturday, and have so much homework I can't possibly go away for the weekend. Cole was so exited to go. He had his binocular pouch on, and his "fake" pistol in his pants (The top, waist) and he wouldn't let his Grandma, or his dad out of his sight. He would inform everyone, that "I'm going huntin" He was adorable. Below are pictures of him with Susie the Bear, and His Grandpa John, Dad, and Great Papa John. AND IT STARTS............
Click on this link to see the pictures, it wouldn't let me post the images.
http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06091809/ldt4nhf3hv/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are really cute! Glad you figured out how to stop a disaster, I'll remember this tip for the future.

Kasey said...

That crib tent thing is pretty cool! I'll have to look into it when/if baby Sienna starts giving me trouble... It's always so scary when they start climbing out of their cribs!

Kelly said...

Luckily Ammon didn't get the idea of climbing out of his crib and I didn't have to put him in a toddler bed until he was 2, just before I had Cohen. I have seen those tents before, they sound great!
I didn't watch Grey's last night because I haven't caught up yet but I had my mom tivo it for me. Jody cheated and watched it and said he's even more addicted!!!
Goodluck with the CSETs I heard there hard.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, the CSET are beyond hard. My brain still hurts........ I am addicted to Men in Trees which is on Friday nights I think at 8 or 9. Greys Anatomy makes me cry. They are great actors. Talk to you later. Danielle

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the advice. Isobel is one little girl that loves to move. She is ALL over her crib. Obviously not standing yet, but all over! I will have to keep this in mind for the future. No doubt, we will prob need it.