Sunday, May 27, 2007

Connor Mack Jones, May 25, 2007






Words can not begin to describe the depths of emotion and love that I felt from the moment Tasha pointed out Conner's head coming through the birth canal. I had never expierenced a vaginal delivery and for me this was completely extraordinary. Janelle wasn't due till June 10-15th but her blood pressure rose, and her blood work showed that she her liver was not producing enough enzymes. Her condition is similar to preclampsia but is known as H.E.L.P. It is all complicating and the point is that my nephew was born on Friday May 25th at 11:52 am and he weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. He had to have oxygen after delivery due to his cord being wrapped around his neck twice. He was also a little sluggish due to the magnesium that Janelle had to have in order to get her blood palettes back up and her liver enzymes normal. It makes the mother and the baby very very very drowsy. Needless to say he is in rare newborn shape and nursing. I spent the night with them at the hospital last night to help Connor nurse and to support my sister. I am tired but the two hours he slept on my chest were irreplacablable. I love this aunt thing, and finally know what it is to love another besides your own. These pictures aren't the best but he has black hair and is very cute!!!! Look for updates from the rest of his huge family.

4 comments:

The White Way said...

He is so cute. Just looking at your blog puts a smile on my face. Even though I got to see him today it seems like it has been forever.

Kasey said...

What a cutie! A friend of mine has H.E.L.P. when she's pregnant. It's scary.
Congratulations on the new nephew!

Lindsey said...

How exciting! Adorable! I am glad that he and Janelle are okay and doing well now. Great pics.

OH and congrats with graduating. You're amazing!

Kelly said...

What a sweet little boy. I can't tell who he looks like. What do you think? You'll have to post new pictures because I'm sure he's changed a lot by now. Oh and tell Janelle it's time for her to start a blog now! I'm glad they're both home healthy.