Saturday, June 09, 2007

Projects







Okay, so Travis and I have been working around the yard this spring and we have done little things that are finally starting grow. I love my yard and I love to work in it. I get all giddy when I come up with a new idea and I get even more excited about ripping something out that didn't turn out how I wanted it to, to put something better in it's place. I don't think landscaping has to be perfect, but I think you absolutely have to love it or your're miserable. We have a big yard and when I am having a hard time falling asleep I just think of what I would like to do differently in my yard. A couple of weeks ago I had subbed all day and I was worn out. It was a sunny afternoon and I just weeded the strawberry patches. I felt so much better and I was thrilled that I had been outside. I had put together a garden cart from costco and the kids made a house out of it. I ordered pizza and we had dinner in the driveway. Gardening just makes me relax!!! One of the pictures is of our dog kennel(castle)!ha. It needs a roof, but it can wait. I have been slowing adding plants to the outside of it, and it is really turning out nice. I think my projects will be put on hold for the summer besides one or two spur of the moment projects. I am really into brick right now and would love to make a new spot for our bbq possibly and outdoor kitchen...later. Anyways, I just wanted to post some pics of my roses, strawberries, playground, and oh yeah the dog kennel.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Great pictures! I love your yard. Wanna come over and work on mine?

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I love the spring/summer time when you get to play in the yard, we are now starting on ours!