Monday, November 10, 2008

5 years and lots of laundry!











On November 15th, Travis and I will be married for five years! The years have gone by quickly. I love him a lot each day and I reflect on the past years and I think of many smiles, laughs, tears, hugs, memories, snotty noses, parties, and etc. I am repulsed by bloggers who always post how perfect their hubbies are because maybe I am jealous or maybe I hate the lies. Marriage is hard but well worth the struggle. Travis is my best friend. He keeps me in line and vice a versa. One moment that I will share with everyone is how Travis supported my financially, emotionally, and physically through college. I remember the day we decided to get married and how he told my mom that it was very important to him that I finished school and he meant it. When I was trying to decide what I wanted and needed to do after college and the credential program Travis was right there next to me urging me to stay home/only work two jobs and to have some time to myself. I can't thank him enough for communicating when it is crucial and for being a wonderful husband and a dedicated dad.

p.s. I just got into an argument with him because he was telling a story and it took to long:) Back to reality.

Oh yeah, Travis bought me new HE LG Stackable washer and dryers yesterday for our 5 year anniversary. I chose the pearl gray color. He also built me a white storage cabinet to go in our laundry room. One thing about Travis is that he doesn't talk about doing things he actually does them. We got home with the washer and dryers, and storage cabinet at 5pm on Sunday and by 7pm I had a completely new laundry room. What a man:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice blogging here people!

Hilary said...

Hey Danielle,
Very nice new washer/dryer!
Your kids are getting SOOOOOO big. I love the new pictures.
Love, Hilary

Whitney said...

Yes...what a man...how GREAT! Your new laundry room looks amazing! We all want husbands like yours!! I am very proud of you and Travis...you guys are both GREAT people and I can't believe it has been 5 years! I love you both and wish you LOTS more years of love and laughter!!

Janelle said...

he is definitely a DOer

Lindsey said...

i'm so glad you married a wonderful guy. i can;t believe you have been married 5 years!

i like your new washer/dryer. funny. that is how they are in the UK, but aren't they relatively new to the US?