Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Surprise.








Vickie turned 50 years old last year in 2007 and as a family we all went down to visit her twin brother Mickey. To make a long story short the drive was horrific, the trip too short, and not what any of us would want to do on our birthday. This year Heidi and I decided to do something special for Vickie's 51st birthday. A group of Vickie's closest girl friends got together in Redding and spent the weekend in my travel trailer. It was a blast. We stayed up late playing this game where everyone had to ask personal questions and it was insightful, fun, and we laughed until we cried. We drank a costco size bottle of Grey Goose and had too much fun. Saturday morning we all woke up and got ready to head to the Spa for the day. We had multiple treatments and relaxed. The spa we went to was called the Spa Downtown in Redding. You can google and there are pictures but this Spa met my stamp of approval very clean, professional, an awesome treatments. It made Personal choice spa looking even worse, if that is possible. Heidi and I decorated my trailer, did pedicures on people with hot foot baths, and I made each person their own spa package with bath and body works products. I love parties where they give great party favors. Friday night I made homemade Chicken Caesar Salad with fresh croutons. I also paired the meal with cheese Bread. Everyone loves this fatty bread. I will post the recipe below.

Vicki was very surprised and it was great to see her laughing and being with her girls. Thank you to everyone who came you made this wonderful woman feel appreciated:)

Cheese bread:

1 loaf of French Bread
2 spatula scoops of mayo
Pour cheddar cheese into the mayo until it is predominantly just cheese then mix. Spread onto bread. Sprinkle with green onions, and bake for about 20 mins at 375degrees.

You'll love it:)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

what a GREAT daughter-in-law...Looks like fun!!