Thursday, July 13, 2006

Guilty Motherhood

(This is a sunset from Mexico, when we went on vacation in December.)

Do any of you ever feel really guilty when you take a nap in the middle of the day, surrounded by unfolded laundry? Do you feel guilty when a grandparent kidnaps your kids for a night of or two? Do you feel like you have to justify yourself for being in a grocery store alone? I DO! I tell myself that it is because I am a young mom, and feel like I am constantly under the eye of every other mother. My new vow is to not make excuses for why it's okay that my kids go to their grandmother's while I go to school or to work. This is the way my life is, and I am maintaining my sanity. This rambling goes out to each mom, who feels guilty in doing something for themself. Being a mother isn't supposed to punishment, it's supposed to be terrific! I just had to vent. Let me know if there are other guilty mothers. I AM NOT GUILTY ANYMORE.

5 comments:

Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Community Vision said...

Thanks Jen, I appreciate the support. Is it hot over there. It is foggy here.

Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The White Way said...

I feel You. Sometimes I need a nap but can't manage to take the time because there is to many things to do. And running to the store without my kids is my break!!! Don't get me wrong I love being a mom but we do have to find time to have a little of time doing what we love to do.

Kelly said...

I totally agree with you guys. We HAVE to have our breaks because they make us appreciate and miss our kids so that when we are back with them we are ready to be the best we can. Being a mom truly is the most difficult but rewarding job!