Sunday, November 12, 2006

Best Friend, Husband, and Father



Yes, it's true I miss Travis. He will be picking us up at the airport in Montana on Friday afternoon. This past week has gone by quickly but I have missed him very much. I miss someone to chat with at night, or to have an adult conversation with. I miss sharing meals with him, and I never thought I would miss the before dinner wrestling matches he holds with the kids. I miss his noise! I still have plenty of noise between the two munchkins. Well, this weekend was terrrific. I didn't have school on Friday due to Veterans' Day. The kids and I took our time getting ready and we headed to the mall to get some Christmas shopping done. We are doing a gift exchange in Montana on Thanksgiving. We made it home for naps, and when the kids laid down, so DID I!!! We had lunch when we woke up and we invited ourselves to Janelle's for dinner. Saturday, the kids and I putted around and my dad took Cole to a football game for the afternoon. Cole slept through the first two halves!haha. Carly and I went to Ace hardware for a dog food container, and picked up a movie. Travis's grandparents invited to dinner so again, I didn't have to cook. If I play my cards right I occasionally have to cook... After the kids went to bed my friends' Jeff and Monica came over and we watched Shadowboxer. DO NOT WATCH IT, IT WAS VULGAR!!!! Today, the kids and I went to church, and I served in the Nursery. Cole is so funny he won't go in the nursery. He sits out in the main sanctuary and just listens and occasionally he'll draw. Carly always dashes for the nursery. My parents took the kids home for a nap and I went to the Library to do homework and research. Surprisingly, we had dinner at my parents. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, peaches, and homemade cinnamon rolls. We couldn't wait another two weeks. My next post is going to be my sweet potatoes which are as good as dessert. I know it seems that every post is what I did over the weekend, but oh well...... Have a terrific week!

5 comments:

Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The White Way said...

THOSE PICTURES ARE SO CUTE. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST TIME FLYS. WELL HAVE FUN IN MONTANA!!!

Community Vision said...

Linds, Yeah Monica that went to Arcata. We are still good friends. Cole and I are in her wedding in July. She is graduating from HSU this May as well. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Kasey said...

Your kids are just so cute! They look so much alike. I can't tell you enough how lucky you are to have family nearby...for help with the kids AND dinner. I would love not to have to cook every night. Okay, who am I kidding? I don't cook every night, but if I don't, we end up having sandwiches and the like. Not turkey dinners!

Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.