Thursday, September 04, 2008

Camera Issues and Labor Day.




I have tons of new pictures from our Labor Day weekend trip/vacation to Six Flags Discovery KIngdom but I am having another camera complication. I bought a new camera from Costco and I got it home and didn't work.....Needless to say I was MAD. I took Janelle's camera with us to Sudie and Michael's because it is exactly the same one that I bought that didn't work:(

I trudged back to Costco and bought another camera... I came home and immediately plugged it in to charge. I was apprehension about it not working, so carefully I took the parts that I needed out to charge it. To make a long story short I had to rearrange the battery and then recharged the battery. Remember when I didn't take out all the parts for my second camera? Well, I through them away on garbage day....UUH. I am going to borrow Janelle's cord to download my pictures and buy another one:( Enough of that sob story... Pictures Later to come...

Why is Labor Day a Holiday? I think that Labor day began as a holiday that the founding Union leaders of America inspired to shorten the work load of many Americans and to bring awareness to Blue-collar employees... I like to celebrate Labor Day by not doing anything but as a mother that doesn't happen. If the kids are with me, I am running errands or doing much needed housework. I remember Labor Days where I laid at the Lake and ate whatever and whenever I wanted... It is difficult realizing that I don't when I will have any day like that much less a holiday:)lol.

We began our trip to Vallejo by flying to San Francisco, renting a car, checking into the hotel(which was right across the street from the park!) and sleeping. The kids woke up with excitement and all three of them, Cole, Carly, and Connor were standing in the window staring/imagining all the rides they could see. Each morning we ate at our hotel before the adventure to the park. We came back to the room and laid Connor down for a morning nap and caroled Cole and Carly with Movies until the we were ready to go and the park was open. We went to Six Flags on Saturday and Sunday and then headed to San Francisco on Monday. We went to Union Square and shopped but with three kids, feeding, and strollers, it's hard to get into the mood.. Coming from me who LOVES TO SHOP. I am rarely not in the mood:) We decided to head to Pier 39 where one of my favorite restaurants is located. No it isn't a chain franchise but a old/historic/classy/elegant restaurant that can seat up to 350 people, doesn't take reservations, and has valet parking (The best feature!) It is called SCOMA's. If you are in the area, check it out. They are online as well;) They have OUT OF THIS WORLD Seafood and Pastas. Enough of that I am salivating.

After one chocolate/candy store and toooooooooo many tourists/people we were ready for home. We headed to the airport and returned the rental car . As we were approaching our gate we noticed that another flight was leaving for Eureka/Arcata and we all were put on standby. They could only take three and Cole, Carly, and I were nominated. I felt bad for everyone else because they wanted to go home just as badly but I didn't have long to ponder. As I rushed both the kids down the "chute" and towards the last row in the mini-plane I had a brilliant idea. I will sit in between the kids that way they can't bug each-other. Well the lady who was sitting next to Carly kept making rude comments. I told her in not so many words where she could take her bad attitude and she marched right up to the flight attendant. She trudged back with the lady and asked me if I would be willing to move seats... at this point "H*ll no!" was my answer. I also informed the passenger and the flight attendant that the passenger should switch seats with someone who didn't hate children. Needless to say that a very nice HSU student switched seats with the kids:) He also let Cole and Carly play his practice bagpipe while waiting for our bags. He is a profession bagpipe player. People never stop ceasing to amaze me. As a side-note, Carly had not even touched the lady, cried, screamed, or done anything to provoke the crazy. Our whole altercation happened before we started taxing to take off and mind you, we were the last people on the plane, right before they closed the door.

Our weekend was filled with fun, laughter, and memories. In my last post I talk about taking my children to explore the world and every day is adding to our memories and our exploration. Where will be go next? Danielle

No comments: