Monday, October 09, 2006

A Day in the City








Yesterday, Sunday October 8, Travis and I flew down to San Francisco to watch the 49ers play the Raiders. Anyone who knows my husband, knows that he is a dye hard Raider fan. He would wear spiked shoulder pads if I'd let him. He was tame because I was with him at the game, and his team is not GOOD!! I feel bad for him because they never win, they play with no heart, and all they have is a bad reputation. Oh well, pick another team. We flew down to San Fran at 9:45am took a cab from SFO to Monster Park. The game didn't start till 1:00 and we had plenty of time to watch the teams warm up. The game was close until half-time, at which time the Raiders decided they would rather be anywhere but on the field and GAVE UP. I am not a football analyst, but it doesn't take a sportscaster to realize they don't have any "spunk!" We left Monster Park at the end of the 3rd quarter caught a cab back to the airport, and grabbed some dinner. Compared to other airports, LAX for that matter SFO has many food options. I guess it all depends on what terminal you're in. We made it home at 7:30 and had time to pick up the kids from my moms. It was a great day in San Francisco and I would like to go to a KINGS game next time!haha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun! I don't know very much about football but i thought the 49ers were bad, the raiders must be really bad!

Community Vision said...

The 49'ers aren't good either, but the raiders are 10x worse!I hope Travis doesn't see this blog.

Kasey said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you were able to get away for the day...even if the Raiders are horrible!

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!

Lindsey said...

I love that you just flew to SF for the day. How fun. Glad you were able to take a day out from school, work and mom-time.

Lindsey said...

p.s. Kings game for sure. I remember when went and I LOVED Jason Williams. K, maybe obsessed?

Kelly said...

What a fun day. I bet you wished you could have stayed longer. It's nice to get a break for any amount of time.

Community Vision said...

I loved getting away for a day, but I can't wait till the semester is over and I can BREATHE. I want to stay at home and do nothing because it is raining and watch the wiggles with my kids!!! That is dreamy to me!lol.