Sunday, October 29, 2006

Great Days



Well, the CrazyCarmesins have had a pretty mellow weekend. Last week I got up with Travis at 5:00am each morning to do homework and regroup for the day. By Friday I was worn. Saturday came and Travis told Cole to go back to bed at 7:00 and we had another hour of lounge time!!! I just changed the sheets the night before so I loved staying in bed. All you moms out there will understand that the best way to wake up in the morning is to clean sheets and a cup of coffee with your favorite creamer! haha. Back to the weekend events.... Saturday morning I made breakfast, and got the kids ready to spend a day with dad. Travis took both the kids to Salyer to check on our Cows, and shoot squirrels. Usually, only Cole goes but Carly has moovveedd uuupppp!!! It's good for her to go along, not only for Travis but for Carly as well. She needs to realize that even though she is a girl (which doesn't mean much since girls can do anything) I acknowledge that there are differences to girls and boys but the point is if Carly wants to hang out with her brother and dad she must learn how to survive. The kids and Travis were gone most of the day. I cleaned out the garage, worked on homework, ate ice cream while catching the last parts of a lifetime movie, and just enjoyed my peace and quiet. The best part of the day was that the kids and Travis went to a late lunch and weren't hungry for dinner. WE HAD LEFTOVERS!! I didn't have to make dinner. What a wonderful way to end a spectacular day. Sunday is here and it's daylight savings hour so we are off to catch the early service at church this morning. I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about clean sheets. They smell so good and they are so soft I want to stay in them forever! I'm sad for the squirels, I love them. I know though, my dad would be rolling his eyes as well! :)

Community Vision said...

Steph, you are too funny!! It's ironic how when you are a little girl you can't wait to grow up and have your own family, then you have your own family, and you wish you were a little girl!!haha

Kasey said...

What a great day for you! I just love it when Matt takes my kids for the day and I can just relax. It's nice to have those days once in a while where you don't have to worry about anyone but yourself!

Community Vision said...

Annie, it's hard for you to have a day without interruptions at home because everyone can see when you are home from driving by. No one actually knows my hectic schedule, it saves a lot of stop by and visit for a few hours!!! If I was you I would put up a sign on the door that says SLEEPING!HAHA