Friday, May 02, 2008

Comments

WOW! I know some blogs get multiple comments on each post but I just got "4." If that isn't incentive to keep blogging I don't know what is. Thanks guys

Week Recap:
Carly start school and some of the comments that people told me were Day One "She had kids lined up outside directing the games that they were going to play."-The kids were in awe that the new girl was so bossy, that's my thought!ha "She did very well, she listened and is getting the hang of our routine"-This is a polite way to say that a student is non conforming but we are having a little power struggle and I am going to win! Go Gaye (That's the kids' teachers name)

Cole talked his Grandma Vickie into bringing their new baby chicks to Preschool for show and tell. He went swimming with Grandma Dena at Healthsport and then on to Bon Boniere! I am glad he stayed at Mom's house because who knows what he was like the next day for school....

Travis worked all week in Salyer and is planning on reloading rifle bullets this weekend. We are going to Salyer to celebrate Carly's third birthday. We are also bringing our travel trailer! My parent's are remodeling their bedroom, and bathroom in Salyer so we thought it would work to bring our own showering device.

I am finishing up teaching a unit on Rise of Industry during the 1900s. I began doing a "Read-Aloud" with the students on a historical coming of age novel, "Lyddie." My academically challenged class is doing well because they loved to be read to and they are listening intently. My mainstream class is excelling because they can listen and be analytical. I don't know if any of you have seen the documentary "Made in L.A." it is about three illegal immigrants in L.A. who fight to get companies like Forever 21 to pay for the work they did. I could rant but I would advise everyone to see it! My last note is that The horrible working conditions of the 1900s continue today! No, companies don't just exploit workers in countries outside the U.S. it also happens in The U.S.!!!!
Till next time!

No comments: